Call Of Duty Warzone Fix Page File Errors & VRAM Capping Issues 2022
Fix Page File Error Out Of Memory & VRAM Capping In COD Warzone
Call Of Duty Warzone is an awesome free-to-play Battle Royale game, that you can enjoy on your Windows 10 PC or laptop. But unfortunately, all games have their faults and in this post, we will be taking a look at hopefully fixing the Page File error and also the VRAM capping issue.
These two problems can cause a lot of issues within Warzone and can also have an impact on the performance of the game when playing on your PC!
When it comes to the page file error in Warzone you may have noticed that your game will crash to your Windows 10 desktop and display a window saying something like “paging file error out of memory”. Luckily this is normally a fairly simple issue to fix and it could be as simple as you do not have enough space on your hard drive.
With the VRAM capping issue within Call Of Duty Warzone, this can be resolved by editing a file. This will increase the amount of VRAM available to Warzone and increase the VRAM Max bar. It might take a couple of attempts until you do set the correct value, but once you do it will resolve the VRAM capping problem.
Unfortunately sometimes after a Warzone update, you might need to update the file again as it can sometimes be overwritten with the default values again.
How To Fix Page File Errors & VRAM Capping Issues In Call Of Duty Warzone:
1. Ensure you have the latest Windows 10 updates – This can really work miracles when it comes to resolving problems with games:
- Right-click on the Windows 10 start menu icon > Settings > Update & Security then click “Check for Updates” and install any updates if available
2. Update your graphics card drivers – This can help resolve VRAM capping issues that might be causing stuttering, freezing, FPS drop, etc. Helpful links for installing the latest graphics drivers:
3. Video Memory Scale – By editing this setting you can increase the VRAM Max Bar within Call Of Duty Warzone, and by increasing the bar and giving the game more VRAM to use you can resolve a lot of graphical problems:
- Open your Documents folder > Call Of Duty Modern Warfare > Players > Right-click and edit the file “adv_options.ini”
- Once you have the file open in Notepad you now need to increase the value of videomemoryscale. Just increase the value slowly and keep testing the game to ensure it is running fine and stable (don’t allocate too much VRAM only what your graphics card is capable of)
4. Virtual Memory on Auto – By ensuring you have this setting on automatically it should fix the page file error you are getting which is causing Call Of Duty Warzone to crash to the desktop:
- Open the Windows 10 start menu and search “Adjust the appearance and performance of windows” and click this option
- Select the Advanced tab and under Virtual Memory you need to click change
- You now need to make sure “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” is selected
- Once you have selected the option click Ok and try launching Warzone again
5. Make sure your RAM is fitted \ seated correctly into your motherboard – If your memory is slightly loose for some reason this can cause all sorts of problems with Windows 10 and also Warzone (Be careful when checking if your RAM is fitted correctly if your unsure of how to do this ask someone that does)
6. Close Programs – If you having any programs running when trying to play Warzone close these down as they could be causing the page file error and VRAM capping issues
7. Repair game files – If the above methods did not fix the problem you are having with Warzone then repairing the game files can work wonders at resolving issues. It will scan for any missing or corrupted files and if it detects any problems with your Warzone install it will then attempt to fix the problem:
- Open the Battle.net app > Select Call Of Duty Modern Warfare
- Click Settings Cog > Click on Repair Game Files
Call of Duty Warzone paging file error ошибка
Ошибка в Call of Duty Warzone paging file error
(Советы по решению будут добавляться)
Помимо свежих идей новая «Королевская битва» Call of Duty Warzone выдаёт ошибку paging file error. Чтобы разобраться, почему она возникает, нужно понять, что она значит.
Судя по всему, игра пытается сообщить о неправильной настройке файла подкачке у вас в Windows. Это, кстати, очень актуальная проблема для игры, потому, что игроки также заметили вылеты связанные с чрезмерным потреблением оперативной памяти.
Да, в таком случае можно просто увеличить файл подкачки, если конечно он у вас не установлен на автоматическую работу. Даже, если так неисправности работы могут возникать, рассмотрим их ниже.
Решаем ошибку paging file error в Call of Duty Warzone
- Пока в игре проблема с использованием оперативной памяти и даже 8 мало, при её заполнении и возникают ошибки, а значит ОС начинает обращаться к файлу подкачки
- Если файл подкачки у вас установлен фиксированный, к примеру, 5 ГБ, то увеличиваем до 20 и выше
- Если он установлен автоматически , то освобождаем побольше места на диске с ЩС и других локальных дисках, потому, что он автоматически расширяется, а, если места нехватает, то и происходят сбои
- Пробуйте поменять диск расположения файла подкачки, к примеру, на игровой раздел
7 ways to fix the paging file error in CoD: Warzone
- The Warzone paging file error can be caused by insufficient memory or bugs in the game.
- One quick fix to this issue is to update your drivers to the latest version.
- If you’re experiencing this issue, a hardware problem with your memory can be the cause.
The Call of Duty: Warzone is one of the trendy games that has taken users’ gaming experience to another level. However, things are not all rosy, as users run into problems with it.
One of the earliest problems was the Warzone stuck on the loading screen, which proved pretty frustrating. Now, it is the Warzone paging file error depriving users of the pleasure of doing what they love.
Thankfully, we have gathered seven effective and proven fixes for this problem. The fixes are not far-fetched, and you should find them practicable.
What are the causes of War Paging file error?
The causes of the paging file error on Warzone are numerous. Below are some of the common ones:
- Outdated Windows.
- Outdated or broken drivers.
- Insufficient virtual memory allocation.
- Running counter programs.
How do I fix the paging file error in Warzone?
1. Update Windows
- Press the Start button and select the Settings option.
- Select on the Update & Security option.
- Click the Check for Updates button.
- Click the Install now button to download and install all available updates.
2. Update graphics card drivers
- Press the Windows key + X and select the Device Manager option.
- Click on the Display adapters option to expand it.
- Right-click on any of the drivers there and select the Update drivers option.
- Select the Search automatically for drivers option.
- From here, follow the simple on-screen instructions to install any driver update shown.
Instead of going through the steps above, you can automate the process with a top-notch driver updater in DriverFix.
DriverFix is renowned software that automatically scans, recommends, and installs drivers. Be it outdated, missing, or broken drivers, this incredible software does not leave any stone unturned.
It has a whooping database of 18 million original drivers from trusted manufacturers worldwide. This assures you that it surely has everything you need in-store already.
What’s more, you can schedule driver scans on DriverFix. This allows you to focus on other things and let it take care of your drivers’ functionality. It is just everything you need never to be bothered by driver problems on your PC again.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
3. Set virtual memory to Automatic
- Press the Start button and type control panel.
- Select the Control Panel app option.
- Click System and Security.
- Select the System option.
- Click the Advanced system settings option on the left pane.
- Switch to the Advanced tab in the System properties window.
- Click the Settings button under the performance tab.
- Switch to the Advanced tab in the Virtual Memory window.
- Go to the Virtual Memory section and click the Change button.
- Now, check the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives checkbox and click the Ok button to save the changes.
Read more about this topic
4. Increase Video memory scale value
- Open File Explorer and click the Documents folder on the left pane.
- Select Call Of Duty Warzone.
- Now, select the Players option.
- Double-click on adv_options.ini file.
- Select Notepad as the app to open it.
- Finally, increase the value of VideoMemoryScale.
Allocating more video memory to the Call of Duty Warzone game is a good solution to the paging file error. This is because the increased VRAM allocation helps eliminate many graphical problems that could lead to it.
However, it is important that you only allocate as much as VRAM your graphics card can take. To ensure you get it right, increase the value slowly and test your game to see if it runs with stability.
5. Check RAM
A loosely-fitted RAM causes all sorts of problems on PCs. It has proved to be one of the major causes of the paging file error on Warzone.
You need to remove the RAM and connect it back firmly to solve this. But you need to be careful while doing it, so you don’t damage the module. It might be better to see an expert if you don’t know your way around it.
6. Close running programs
- Press the Windows key + X and select the Task Manager option.
- Right-click all the apps in the Apps section and choose the End task option.
- Relaunch Warzone.
7. Repair game files
- Launch the Battle.net app.
- Choose the Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
- Click the Settings Cog.
- Click on the Scan and Repair option.
There you have it: the seven practicable fixes for Warzone paging file error. As frustrating as this error could be, it is not difficult to solve, as we have shown.
If you face other issues like Warzone lag spikes, you can check out our detailed guide on how to fix it quickly.
Let us know the fix that helped you get back to your gaming best in the comments section below.